We have all heard of beer brats, where you boil the brats in beer then sear then on the grill. I was wondering if there is a way/recipe to boil them in whiskey, and if they would even taste good. The only recipes I have found online are brats with whiskey glazed onions. If anyone has had any success with this, or know of a recipe, I would love to know.
mike , you want to simmer the split brats and onions in jack daniels or any bourbon. best way is carefully split brats , thick sliced onions, and some quartered potato’s and sliced peppers and simmer, do not boil, on open grill, occasionally you will have to move pan from direct to indirect heat . 1 hour gets you good flavor! good luck , I think you’ll enjoy this
Actually, just use cheap whisky like Seagrams, it’s only 7 bucks for a pint. Here’s an overnight marinade recipe for brats, warning: lot of alcohol, lots of flavor!
1. Poke many holes in brats with fork, all the way around. This ensures the marinade can get in.
2. Put poked brats in a big pot, add whiskey.
3. Add 1 to 2 bottles beer- dark stuff works a little better
4. Add about 1 pound pineapple (sliced), personally I use the canned stuff bc there is a lot of juice and bromelaine from pineapples makes meats tender and easier to digest.
5. Marinade at least 18 hours.
6. Bing brats to a boil for about 10 minutes, then simmer for an hour.
7. Throw em on a plate, get some sauerkraut and enjoy!
Boiling Brats In Beer
Probably not a good idea. Whiskey is highly flammable, so your stove or grill could flare up causing a fire or at the very least burning your brats to a crisp. The whiskey glazed sound delicious and would make a really great accompaniment to the brats.
Never gave too much thought about that
Sounds bad to me.
waste of good liquor.