I recently adopted a 4 year old beagle mix in september and I think she’s beginning to get into the trash cans in the rooms in the house and eat parts of tissues and used paper towels. I just took her out to use the bathroom and noticed she was struggling to get something out. So I called her over and saw the piece of paper towel sticking out of her butt (lol) so I don’t if this was okay to do but i grabbed a poop bag and just pulled it out myself. Is that bad? it wasn’t too long maybe 2 or 3 inches and should I move the trashcans (they don’t have lids, the only one that does are the kitchen one and she can’t reach that) to places she can’t get to?
I used to have a dog that ate long pieces of grass. Seeing how dogs can’t digest grass it would eventually come out the other end. I’d sometimes have to grab a hold and pull it out. That’s not a problem. The problem is your dog dumpster diving. If you don’t do something about his getting into the garbage, he may eat something that could cause real harm. .
Yes, definitely move the trashcans where she can’t reach them, or buy trash cans with lids to be safe. I have a Great Dane who used to do the same thing. She could get sick of she was to digest something worse than paper towels and then you’d have to worry about a vet bill. In the long run, it’s safer and less expensive to either move the trash or buy new ones.
If you don’t train and dog proof your home someday she will need surgery to save her life due intestinal blockage.
Your dog will be fine. i had a cat once poop out a bologna platic ring.