should i call the vet?
It’s unlikely that your dog ingested nearly enough ink to be toxic. I’d be a bit concerned about the cap causing an intestinal blockage if it was swallowed – I’m not quite clear on whether she simply chewed on the marker, or if she actually swallowed the cap. If she did, keep an eye on her and be sure that she doesn’t quit having bowel movements. If in doubt, contact your vet. I don’t think you need to worry about the ink unless there was significant damage to the marker so that she could have gotten LOTS of ink, though.
Yes call a vet. If they ate the plastic you also have to worry about blockages. If your vet is closed, call the emergency vet right now!
First of all…..To “Alabama” You must be from….”Alabama!!!!” I guess you have eaten many a highliter yourself or you wouldn’t give such a ridiculous answer!!!! Secondly, “Are highlitgers toxic?” Would you eat one??? Come on!!! If you have a “Humane bone in your body, take this animal to the Vet!!!!!!! Or… is this just a ridiculously, waste of time, joke on someone’s part???
If on the marker it says toxic, then yes. But I would call the Vet’s office for help. Hope this helps, -DogLover
Call vet or poison control
! I’m sorry but it’s too late to do anything now. Your dog is going to Die . And you will probably see it dead on the floor say your goodbyes ask quick as you can, and let go of your guilt. This was your dogs fault not yours. Unless you shoved that highlighter down your dogs throat you have nothing to be sorry for !!! im sorry for your loss and at times like these i like to reffer to one of my favorite poems
Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there… I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow…
I am the diamond glints on snow…
I am the sunlight on ripened grain…
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight…
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there… I did not die
Your dog will be fine. They chew much worse.
to be on safe side i would…