my dog chewed and ate a highlighter… are highlighters toxic?

should i call the vet?

9 Answers

  • Jess♡
    1 month ago

    just call the vet and ask just to make sure

  • Rotties for life!
    1 month ago

    It’s unlikely that your dog ingested nearly enough ink to be toxic. I’d be a bit concerned about the cap causing an intestinal blockage if it was swallowed – I’m not quite clear on whether she simply chewed on the marker, or if she actually swallowed the cap. If she did, keep an eye on her and be sure that she doesn’t quit having bowel movements. If in doubt, contact your vet. I don’t think you need to worry about the ink unless there was significant damage to the marker so that she could have gotten LOTS of ink, though.

  • sciencechick
    1 month ago

    Yes call a vet. If they ate the plastic you also have to worry about blockages. If your vet is closed, call the emergency vet right now!

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    First of all…..To “Alabama” You must be from….”Alabama!!!!” I guess you have eaten many a highliter yourself or you wouldn’t give such a ridiculous answer!!!! Secondly, “Are highlitgers toxic?” Would you eat one??? Come on!!! If you have a “Humane bone in your body, take this animal to the Vet!!!!!!! Or… is this just a ridiculously, waste of time, joke on someone’s part???

  • lisbeth
    5 days ago

    If on the marker it says toxic, then yes. But I would call the Vet’s office for help. Hope this helps, -DogLover

  • GllntKnight
    1 month ago

    Call vet or poison control

  • Brittany
    1 month ago

    ! I’m sorry but it’s too late to do anything now. Your dog is going to Die . And you will probably see it dead on the floor say your goodbyes ask quick as you can, and let go of your guilt. This was your dogs fault not yours. Unless you shoved that highlighter down your dogs throat you have nothing to be sorry for !!! im sorry for your loss and at times like these i like to reffer to one of my favorite poems

    Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep

    Do not stand at my grave and weep,

    I am not there… I do not sleep.

    I am the thousand winds that blow…

    I am the diamond glints on snow…

    I am the sunlight on ripened grain…

    I am the gentle autumn rain.

    When you waken in the morning’s hush,

    I am the swift uplifting rush

    Of gentle birds in circling flight…

    I am the soft star that shines at night.

    Do not stand at my grave and cry—

    I am not there… I did not die

  • Alabama
    1 month ago

    Your dog will be fine. They chew much worse.

  • »-(¯’v’¯)-»Lil*AngeL»-(¯
    1 month ago

    to be on safe side i would…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Answers