I need to make 16000 ml of 70% ethanol.
I need to mix water and 200% ethanol. How do I do this?
200%? Maybe 200 proof?
If so, 200 proof is 100% ethanol.
If you need 70% ethanol, with the other 30% water, you would have the following:
0.7(16000mL of E) + 0.3(16000mL of W) = 1(total liquid mixed) [where E = ethanol and W = water].
Therefore, you need:
0.7 x 16000 mL = 11200 mL of ethanol
0.3 x 16000 mL = 4800 mL of water
Total = 16000 mL of liquid with the above amounts of water and ethanol.
First, there is no such thing as 200% ethanol. You must mean 200 proof, which equals 100%. If you want 70% ethanol, then add 30mL water to 70 mL 100% ethanol – the result is 100mL of 70% ethanol. Now, multiply that by 160 and you have your desired amount.
30mL water x 160 = 4800 mL water
70 mL 100% ethanol x 160 = 11200 mL 100% Ethanol
Mix the two together and your done…
Ethanol cannot be 200% strength. Maximum for any alcohol is 100%.
40% alcohol is 70° Proof. Therefore, 100% = 70 x 2.5 = 175° Proof.
However, for some reason, in the USA, 100% Ethanol is 200° Proof.
70° / 200° = 0.35 x 16L = 5.6L of Ethanol to 10.4L of water.
If you need your solution to be 70% ethanol mixed with water, the amount of water would be 30% (total 100%). Since in your question you already state that you need your solution to be 70% ethanol, the proof or percentage of ethanol is not a factor. Given a final volume of 16,000 ml, multiply 70% to get the amount of ethanol and by 30% to get the amount of water.
.70 x 16,000 = 11,200 ml ethanol
.30 x 16,000 = 4,800 ml water
Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You’ve NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?